Big cone.

April 29, 2014

Image 

Image to show proportions of prints.

Furukongle

April 29, 2014

I am having trouble With my blog in Blogger, so I am testing out WordPress instead.This is my latest linocut.Size 40×60 cm.

 

Image

Hardcover nr.1

April 21, 2009

Some images from my first

hardcover-book.
Many issues to resolve here, but fun to try.
The cover is easy, but the rest is difficult to get precise.
I stapled the sheets ,and glued the rest.
The paper is 250g Somerset,and the the inside is covered with lightweight China-paper,crumbled and glued with PVA.
This could be a fun way to make sketchbooks anyway.

Sewn book

April 21, 2009

Here I used a drypoint print as the cover.
I reinforced the sewn pages with a piece of tarlatan cloth and PVA glue.
I transfered the title from the PC with a tranparent.
The book has four signatures,or sections, that are sewn.

Koffertbok

April 21, 2009

I have started to sketch on the suitcase-book.
VERY early days, but here it is.
The 4 paperboxes(Will be printed inside\outside with text and image). fits into the suitcase, and the spare room can contain the scrolls and objects.The madonna-painting goes underneath in the bootom.

Ideas for artist-book

April 19, 2009


I am trying out a possible shape for an artist-book.It is triangular and in 3D-shape.The text is mostly on the inside, and one can see through from the outside.My working title is still “The popes daughters”.(see earlier blog)
I am searching for text from different Catholik sourses.
I am coordinating the subject with my installation, and so far see this triagular shape as a basis for several colums that will hang on the wall,stand on the floor and hang from the roof.
This first one is a sketch, and I will test out different types of sewing, more or less visible.
As you see from last blog,I have tested out “book”.Now I will try to stretch the concept to Artist-book.Away with the cover,opening up the shape and working with the content.
The suitcase rests for a while, but I have some ideas for that too.

Boiling,hissing and fuming.

April 19, 2009

Here are the sorry remains of my easter morning experiments with acid.
Ferric chloride is supposed to be a safe mordant for etching.But I had never tested it with aluminum,only zink plates.
Today I wanted to give a patina to some aluminum-box pieces for a project.(Artist-book-project).
I wanted to glue these pieces onto a small suitcase, which is going to be an artist-book.
i put the pieces into the etching-box and all was calm,i thought it would not work.So i went into my other room for some coffee to wait it out.After about 45 seconds I heard some noise from the other room an hurried in.
there my pot was boiling,hissing and fuming!
I found some gloves to get the pieces out of the pot and into the sink for rinsing water to stop the prossess.
Not much left of the lid, and the pieces full of etched holes.
So, here`s a general warning to you fellow printers.Careful with the acids!!

En post til som trening for Context.

April 5, 2009

sitting-in-front-of-text

Plassering av cursor.

jada

April 5, 2009

bangkok-1980

Nå demrer det.

Test

April 2, 2009

me-091


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.